Bachali kura pappu
Chamadumpala pulusu (Arvi pulusu)
Pudina pachadi (Mint chutney)
Boiled peanuts (fresh peanuts in shells boiled with salt)
Kadai Paneer (Recipe from Indira's Mahanandi - Only change I made is use green, red and yellow peppers and add Patak's Hot & Spicy curry paste)
Chamadumpalu (arvi) - 8 medium size
Red onion - 1 medium
Green chilies - 3-4
Tamarind paste - 2tbsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Methi powder - little
Dhania powder - 1/2tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2tsp
Jaggery - 1tsp
Turmeric - 1/2tsp
Salt - to taste
Menthulu (fenugrek seeds) - 4-5 seeds
Jeera - 1 tsp
- Boil chamadumpalu, after they become soft, remove the skin and chop into medium size chunks.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a pan, add half the hopped onion and green chilies and fry till the onions turn transparent. Remove and grind into a smooth paste when cool.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in the same pan, when hot add menthulu and jeera and fry for a minute.
- Add the remaining onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add the onion-chili paste and fry for another 2-3minutes.
- Add the boiled dumpalu, turmeric, tamarind paste, all the powders and water to bring to desired consistency.
- Simmer the mixture on slow flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice.