Butter - 1/4 cup, plus extra for greasing
Self-rising flour - 1 cup
Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 5 tbsp
Light brown sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 6-cup ovenproof dish, place it on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Sift flour and ground cinnamon into a bowl. Sift in 1 tablespoon of the cocoa and mix well.
- Place the butter in a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar and 2/3 cup of the milk. Heat gently until the butter has melted and all the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in the butter mixture into flour, mixing evenly. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Mix the remaining sugar and cocoa in a bowl, then sprinkle on the pudding mixture.
- Pour the remaining milk evenly over the pudding.
- Bake for 45-50minutes or until the sponge is springy and firm to touch.
- Serve hot, with the creme fraiche, yogurt or ice cream.