Wish you all a very Happy Navrathri.
For the first day of navrathri, I made Badam Halwa as prasad. Both my mom and mom-in-law make a different sweet everyday during the nine day celebrations. I'm not sure I can continue the tradition, but will try.
This is a easier version of "badam halwa". I added MTR badam feast mix to regular sooji halwa.
Sooji (semolina) - 1 cup
Milk (1% low fat) - 2 cups
Sugar - 1/2 cup
MTR badam feast mix - 4tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee, fry sooji till it changes color to golden and loses its raw smell. Remove and keep aside. When cool, add sugar and mix well.
- Meanwhile bring milk to a boil and add the badam mix and cardamom powder.
- Add the sooji and sugar mixture to milk and mix well.
- Let it simmer until the whole halwa comes together for about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fried cashews and raisins. Serve warm or cold.