Curd/Yogurt – 1cup, beaten without lumps
Onion – 1 medium, chopped fine
Tomatoes – 2 medium, chopped fine
Besan (Chickpea flour) – 3tbsp
Cumin powder – 1tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – to taste
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Dry red chilies -2
Asafoetida – pinch
Green chilies – 3
Curry leaves – 4
- Heat 2tsp of oil in a saucepan, add the ingredients for tempering. After the seeds splutter, add onions and sauté till they turn transparent.
- Add tomatoes, cover and cook till tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk besan into ½ cup of water without lumps. Keep aside.
- After the tomatoes are cooked, add the powders, cook for about 2 minutes.Add the beaten yogurt to the tomato mixture and slowly cook on medium-low flame.
- After the yogurt is heated through, add the besan mixture, add more water for desired consistency, and cook until the mixture comes together without boiling.