This is my entry to Sugar High Friday# 38: Pudding event, hosted by Zorra of 1x umrühren bitte . Recipe is from my cookbook Chocolate - cooking with the world's best ingredient by Christine Mcfadden and Christine France.
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt - pinch
Unsweetened Chocolate - 1 oz
Butter - 1/4 cup (half a stick)
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 5 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
For the topping:Instant Coffee powder- 2tbsp
Hot Water - 1/2 pint (1 cup)
Sugar - 5 tbsp
Brown sugar - 7 tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- In a double boiler over simmering water; melt the sugar, butter and chocolate. Remove the bowl from heat.
- Add the flour mixture and stir well. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Mic with a wooden spoon, then pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- To make the topping dissolve the coffee in the water. Let cool.
- Mix the brown sugar, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the pudding mixture.
- Pour the coffee evenly over the surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until the pudding has puffed up and set on top.
The coffee mixture forms a creamy sauce underneath. Serve immediately with whipped cream.