This recipe was on the box of Barilla whole grain rotini. It looked and sounded easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner and so here it is.
Ingredients:Pasta – 8 oz. (any short pasta should be fine, I used whole grain rotini)
Broccoli – 1 bunch, chopped into floretsCarrot – 1 medium, sliced
Onion – 1 medium, thinly slicedPeas – 1 cup (thawed if using frozen)
Cherry tomatoes – 2 cups, halvedGarlic – 2 cloves
Red chili flakes – ½ tspDried Oregano – ½ tsp
Basil – 5 leaves (I used dried)Parsley – 1 tsp, chopped (I used ½ tsp dried)
Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Heat 2tbsp olive oil on medium flame, sauté garlic for few seconds.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots and peas; season with salt and pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add 1 cup of pasta cooking water and simmer until the veggies are tender.
- Add tomatoes, spices and cook for 2 more minutes. Add drained pasta, 1 tbsp olive oil; mix well and serve either warm or at room temperature.