I wanted to make this pizza crust for a very very long time. Finally I made it this weekend and it was so good. It is very quick and easy pizza crust recipe. Dump all the ingredients in the food processor, pulse till it comes together, let it rise for just 1 hour, roll, top, bake and enjoy. The whole pizza comes together in less than 2 hours that’s including the rising time. I’m so impressed that this will be my go-to pizza recipe.
Another important thing to note about this crust is that it is full of Whole grain goodness and there is no oil.. none at all. So there is no need to dab each slice with 2-3 tissues to soak up the extra oil.. Wow.. I’m so so impressed. I followed the recipe to the T, please find it here. Thanks Jai & Bee.
Tomato sauce & Topping recipe is from Vegetarian cookbook. My husband does not eat mushrooms, so I made zucchini topping for him. This is one of the simplest tomato sauce recipes ever and is also going to be my new go-to recipe.
For tomato sauce:Canned chopped tomatoes – 14.5 oz. can
Passata – 2/3 cup (I used crushed tomatoes instead)
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
Red chili flakes – ¼ tsp
Bay leaf – 1 (fresh or dry)
Salt& Pepper – to taste
For topping:Mushrooms – 4 cups
Garlic – 1 clove, minced Oregano – 1 tsp (I used ½ tsp dry instead)
Summer squash – 2 medium, cut into thin rounds (I used green and yellow)
Ricotta cheese – 1 cup
Fontina cheese – 8 oz. grated
- Preheat oven to 500°F and place your pizza stone to pre-heat as well.
- To make the tomato sauce, combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan, cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and simmer on medium-low flame for 20 minutes.
- To make the topping, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large sauté pan, add garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Repeat the process for the squash rounds as well.
- When the pizza dough has puffed up for 1 hour, roll it out into a fairly thin crust. Spread 3-4 tbsp sauce leaving 1” area around the edge. Top with the toppings, cheeses, oregano, and chili flakes (optional). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheeses are all oozy and delicious. Enjoy..
Check out DK's @ Culinary Bazaar Ricotta & Fontina Pizza here.