Recipe adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
Natural Cane Sugar - 2¼ cups (I used regular white sugar)
All-purpose flour – 1¼ cups
Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1¼ cups
Baking powder – 1½ tsp
Baking Soda – 1½tsp
Salt – 1/8tsp
Soft Tofu – 1cup
Unsweetened Applesauce – 1 cup
Chocolate Soymilk – ¾ cup
Vanilla essence – 2tsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, flour, baking pd, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine applesauce, tofu, chocolate milk & vanilla in a food processor; process until well blended.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until batter is set and the top is dry. Cool in the pan; cut into bars and enjoy.