One of my co-workers bought these biscuits from Red Lobster and offered me one to taste (one of the perks of having the office building in a commercial shopping center). It was like “love at first bite”; they were buttery, cheesy and simply melt in your mouth.
I had to try them at home right away and a quick Google search landed me on this step by step recipe @ Joyful abode. I bought all the required ingredients and made them and they were truly amazing. Extremely easy to make and I think you can indulge in a little bit of butter, cheese and store-bought biscuit mix once in a while, don’t you think????
Ingredients:Sending these over to Mansi's Favorite Snack Food event with a chance to win a Magic Bullet. Thanks Mansi for hosting the event.
Buttermilk Biscuit mix (I used Bisquick brand) – 2 cups
Shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese – 1½ cups (I used low-fat white cheddar cheese)
Garlic Powder – 1 tsp, divided
Milk – 2/3 cup
Butter – 2tbsp
Dried Oregano – 1tsp (I used dried parsley instead)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- In a bowl, mix bisquick, ½ tsp garlic powder and cheese.
- Next add milk and using a spoon mix everything thoroughly until well combined. The dough is stiff, resist the urge to add more water.
- Using a ice-cream scoop, drop 2tbsp of dough on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime melt butter and mix in ½ tsp garlic powder and dried herb.
- Brush the butter on the half-baked biscuits and return to the oven and bake for another 5-6 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and puffed up.
- Remove from oven and cool a little before enjoying them with any gravy dish of your choice.