This is definitely not a low-fat or low-calorie recipe. But it’s filled with the farm fresh strawberries that smell and taste awesome. We went strawberry picking in the beginning of June and bought home about 4 lbs of fresh strawberries. After devouring about half of them fresh, I made this ice cream with the rest.
Recipe is from Tarla Dalal’s website.
Milk – 2 cups (I used 2%)
Heavy cream – 1½ cups
Strawberry puree – 1½ cups
Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
Corn starch – 2tbsp
- Mix corn starch with ¼ cup milk and set aside.
- Heat milk and bring to a boil. Add the corn starch mixture whisking constantly and add ¼ cup sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook till it thickens. Once cool, refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Beat the cream with the remaining powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in strawberry puree and cooled milk mixture into the cream.
- Pour the mixture into Ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Alternately pour the mixture into a shallow container and freeze until slushy. Remove and blend until soft and creamy. Freeze again until firm. Scoop and serve.