Aloo-Methi Paratha (Paratha stuffed with Potato and Fenugreek leaves)
Valli, Wish you a very very Happy Birthday!!!
- Prepare the dough: In a mixing bowl, combine atta, ajwain, salt, yogurt and oil. Mix until a crumbly mixture forms. Slowly add enough water while mixing to form a smooth, pliable dough. Knead for couple of minutes. Cover and set aside for 15~20 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: Heat 2tsp oil in a pan, add the methi leaves, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, aamchoor and salt. Cook till methi is wilted down and is dry.
- Add the mashed potato and mix well. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool for 5~10 minutes.
- Divide the filling into 8~10 equal size balls.
- To make parathas: Divide the dough into 8~10 equal sized pieces. Take a dough ball and flatten it in the palm making sure that the edges are thinner than the center. Place 1 filling ball in the center and pull the dough over the filling to completely enclose it.
- Flatten it gently and roll it out into a 6~7" round paratha on a well floured surface.
- Cook on a hot tawa on medium high heat until brown spots form on both sides. If desired brush with butter/ ghee or oil while cooking. Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing. Keep the parathas covered in a wide bowl or wrap them in kitchen towel until ready to serve. Serve hot or warm with some yogurt and pickle.