It is time to bake for Bread bakers and our lovely host Julie at Hostess At Heart picked a very apt theme for this time of the year. Mother’s day is less than a week away (FYI: it’s May 9th) and she asked us to bake a Mother’s day or May flowers inspired bread. So I made this Apricot Sweet Rolls to celebrate Mother’s Day. My first idea was to look flower shaped breads but I wasn’t in a mood to make elaborate shapes with my bread. Then I started thinking what kind of a bread my mom would like. My mom has a very big sweet tooth (that she passed on to my sister and I — that is another story to tell) and so the regular not-so-sweet breads will not appeal to her. She prefers pastries over crusty breads, which left me with sweet enriched breads. I found the recipe for orange sweet rolls on King Arthur flour and they looked too good not to try. I subbed orange marmalade in the recipe with apricot preserves and the rolls turned out sweet, flaky and delicious. I also subbed a cup of all purpose flour with wholewheat flour — but that didn’t affect the texture of the rolls that much.My mom is visiting us from India, so I served them warm with the orange icing. I have to say these rolls are addictive — the orange icing on top makes them extra special. My mom asked for another roll after eating the first — that means it really good 🙂Happy Mother’s Day to all of you. I’m soooo excited to celebrate it with my mom this year. It’s been more than 15 years since I moved out of home and this is the first time in all these years that she’s with us for Mother’s day. I am so looking forward to it.
Don’t forget to check what our creative bakers came up with this month:
- Almond Rose Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apricot Sweet Rolls by Cook’s Hideout
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Flower Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Beetroot Cinnamon Rolls by Herbivore Cucina
- Blueberry Muffin Cups with Warm Lemon Sauce by A Salad For All Seasons
- Cherry Almond Kugelhopf by Hostess At Heart
- Cheesy Pizza Roses by Food Lust People Love
- Flower Bread with Savoury Onion Filling by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Marmalade Rolls by Ambrosia
- Peynirli Cicek Pogaca/ Turkish Cheese Flower Bread by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Pogaca -Turkish Breakfast Bread by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Pumpkin Lavender Coconut Biscuits by The Schizo Chef
- Sfoof by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Sunflower Crumb Muffins by Baking Sense
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected]