Let me first thank DK for the opportunity to host A.W.E.D event. For the uninformed, A Worldly Epicurean Delight (A.W.E.D) is an event started by DK @ Chef In You where in every month a new Cuisine is chosen and all of us get a chance to cook and showcase the different recipes from that cuisine. After going around the world, this month’s A.W.E.D makes a stop in Morocco or North Africa.
Moroccan cuisine is redolent of exotic spices like saffron, ginger, cinnamon and vivid with the sun-drenched colors of a cornucopia of fresh fruits and vegetables available throughout the year, thanks to the region's mild Mediterranean climate. It is also a cuisine based on ancient traditions that have been handed down through generations of home cooks.
Mediterranean cuisine, including Moroccan cuisine is generating intense interest among culinary professions, due in part to the increased awareness of the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet. Current research has shown that the people of the Mediterranean have one of the lowest incidences of heart disease in the world, leading nutritional experts extol the virtues of a cuisine rich in fresh produce legumes, cereals, pasta and olive oil-all staples of the Moroccan diet.
With all that information, I hope I've inspired enough to cook a Moroccan dish for A.W.E.D-September and send them to me by October 2nd. Here are the rules:
- Cook a Vegetarian dish, Eggs & Dairy are allowed.
- Include a link in your post to this announcement and to DK's A.W.E.D Menu page (http://chefinyou.com/2008/05/awed-menu/)
- If you have recipes that are already posted, re-post and include a link to this announcement and DK's menu page.
- Use of Logo is optional, but much appreciated if used. (See the link bar for smaller logo)
- Email me at [email protected] with the following information.
- Blog Name
- Entry Name
- Entry URL
- Picture of your creation: Pls resize, so the width of the pic is at least 580px, height doesn't matter.
Here are some very useful sites to help you find Moroccan recipes: