Brownie with Ice Cream (Eggless recipe)
Blogging Marathon# 47: Week 3/ Day 3
Theme: Combo Dishes
Dishes: Brownie with Ice Cream
I am ending the final day of this week's 'Combo dishes' theme on a sweet note with this easy to make and addictive eggless Brownie and Ice cream combo. I like cakey brownies more than fudgy ones cna these brownies are cakey, moist and delicious.
I made these for our Halloween party and added a chocolate frosting and some spidery web icing on top. I made the spider web with some homemade creme fraiche mixed with confectioners sugar but another easy alternate would be some melted white chocolate.
What is better than eating these brownies warm is to eat them with a dollop of ice cream on top. Flavor of the ice cream is totally up to your fancy -- vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or just about any icecream flavor would taste great here.
Recipe adapted from here:
Brownie with Ice Cream
For the Brownie:
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- To make Brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8" square baking pan or line it with parchment with a little hanging over the edges, so it is easy to the brownies out of the pan.
- In a measuring bowl, combine soymilk with vinegar and set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- In a mixing bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt. Add the sugar and mix well to combine.
- Add oil and vanilla to the soy milk mixture and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until there are no more streaks of flour left. Gently stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25~30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- * Note: Use 1cup of buttermilk instead of Milk+Vinegar mixture.
- To make Chocolate Frosting: Melt butter. Stir in cocoa powder. Add confectioners sugar and milk, beat into spreading consistency. Stir in Vanilla.
- Frost on cooled brownies and serve.