Buttery Sourdough Biscuits are great to serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It’s time for this month’s edition of Bread Bakers and our host is Karen who blogs at Karen’s Kitchen Stories. She has asked us to bake bread with a preferment like a sourdough starter, a biga or a soaker or even a tangzhong starter (which happens to be my absolute favorite). Even with so many different options, I went back to using my sourdough starter to make these Buttery Sourdough Biscuits.I have had my sourdough starter for about 7 years now. It has gone through many good and bad cycles. I feed it regularly for a while and then totally forget about it. It has even taken the recent 500+ mile road trip from NJ to NC. I am really glad it’s still going strong and works beautifully even with all the neglect it had to endure.
So here’s my very first sourdough recipe from my new home. These buttery sourdough biscuits recipe is from King Arthur website. I make my starter with 50-50 all purpose flour and wholewheat flour, so I didn’t add any more wholewheat flour to the biscuits recipe.
These biscuits are great to serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We had them for dinner with eggs and they were just amazing. I made an Indian fusion sandwich with some green chutney, provolone cheese and chopped cilantro. Both my kids loved these for dinner.
- Buttery Sourdough Biscuits from Cook’s Hideout
- Cinnamon Raisin Sourdough Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- French Baguette from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Golden Sourdough Garlic Focaccia from Ambrosia
- Hokkaido Bread with Tangzhong from Sonlicious
- Overnight 500g Sourdough Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Pai Bao with Tangzhong from All That’s Left are the Crumbs
- Peanut Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Poolish Dough Pizza Crust from Palatable Passtime
- Sourdough Focaccia with Crispy Garlic from Baking Sense
- Sourdough Pain Noir from What Smells So Good?
- Sourdough Whole Wheat Flatbreads from Sneha’s Recipe
- Walnut Levain Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whole Wheat Papo Secos – Portuguese Rolls from The Schizo Chef
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].