Buttery Sourdough Buns
Buttery Sourdough Dinner Rolls
- To make the dough: Combine all the ingredients for the dough in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix and knead to form a soft, smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and allow to rise for 11/2~2 hours or until it's just about doubled in volume.
- Gently deflate the dough and transfer it to a lightly grease work surface. Roll or pat the dough into an approximately 12"x16" rectangle.
- Melt 2tbsp butter and add the paprika, if desired. Spread the dough with the melted butter.
- Starting with the long side, roll the dough into a log. Cut the log into 1" slices.
- Lightly grease 2 8" or 9" round cake pans, and arrange eight buns in each pan.
- Cover the pans and let the buns rise for 60 minutes or until they are noticeably puffy.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, towards the end of the rising time.
- Uncover the pans and brush the buns with some of the remaining melted butter.
- Bake the buns for 22~25 minutes; there won't be much change of color on the top.
- Remove the buns from the oven; and turn them out of the pan onto a wire rack. Brush with any remaining melted butter. Serve hot or warm.