This sunday, we decided to do nothing but cook, eat and rest. No laundry... No shopping.. everything will have to wait until next weekend (I don't want to think about all that now...) This is our sunday meals menu..
Bachali kura pappu
Chamadumpala pulusu (Arvi pulusu)
Pudina pachadi (Mint chutney)
Boiled peanuts (fresh peanuts in shells boiled with salt)
- Boil chamadumpalu, after they become soft, remove the skin and chop into medium size chunks.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a pan, add half the hopped onion and green chilies and fry till the onions turn transparent. Remove and grind into a smooth paste when cool.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in the same pan, when hot add menthulu and jeera and fry for a minute.
- Add the remaining onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add the onion-chili paste and fry for another 2-3minutes.
- Add the boiled dumpalu, turmeric, tamarind paste, all the powders and water to bring to desired consistency.
- Simmer the mixture on slow flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice.