Cheese and Potato Gözleme for #BreadBakers
Cheese & Potato Gözleme
- Make the dough: Combine the flour(s), yeast, sugar, salt and yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a soft, pliable dough. Knead for 4~5 minutes. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside to rise for 1 hour or until it doubles in volume.
- Make the filling: In the meantime, combine the mashed potatoes, spinach, red pepper paste (or red pepper flakes), feta cheese, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Make the Gözleme: Once the dough is doubled, then gently deflate the dough and divide it into 8~10 pieces.
- Take a piece and roll it out as thin as you can. Sprinkle some dry flour to help you out with the rolling.
- Fold the left and right sides of the dough so that they meet in the edges meet in the middle.
- Spread about 2~3tbsp of the filling into the middle of the folded sides. Then fold the top and bottom edges over the filling making sure to cover it completely. Press the edges gently to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Heat a griddle or a non-stick pan on medium heat. Brush one side of the gozleme with olive oil and place oil side down in the pan and cook for 2~3 minutes or until golden brown. Brush the other side with oil and cook for another 2~3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining gozlemes.
- Cut the gozlemes into quarters or halves or serve as is.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].
Check out what my Griddle Breads that my fellow bakers have made for you:
- Amaranth (Rajgira) Paratha from Herbivore Cucina
- Cheese and Potato Gözleme from Cook's Hideout
- Corn Pancakes from Magnolia Days
- Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from Noshing With The Nolands
- English Muffins from La cocina de Aisha
- Fruity Hemp Seed Pancakes from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Griddle Scones from Hostess At Heart
- Homemade Corn Tortillas from Kylee Cooks
- Lachha Paratha - Indian Layered Flatbread from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Masala Poli - Spicy Potato Masala Stuffed Poli from I Camp in my Kitchen
- Masala Roti from Sneha's Recipe
- Paneer Kulchas - Griddle Fried Cottage Cheese Flatbread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Paruppu Poorana Poli from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Peanut Butter and Apple Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Phool Makhana Parathas (Puffed Lotus Seeds Parathas) from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Saffron Unleavened Bread from Kidsandchic
- Satpadi - Spiced Griddle Bread from Spiceroots
- Scallion Pancakes from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Sourdough English Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Loli - Breakfast Flatbread from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach and Feta Gözleme from Spill the Spices
- Stacked Apple Arepas from The Schizo Chef
- Staffordshire Oatcakes with a Bacon & Cheese Filling from Ruchik Randhap
- Stove-Top Muffins (Diphaphata) from Wholistic Woman
- Swedish Polar Bread from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Vitumbua (Coconut Rice Pancake Balls) from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Welsh Cakes from Passion Kneaded
- Yeast Raised Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Pastry Chef Online