Many of the friends think it is very strange that we celebrate our son’s monthly birthday. We put a cute new outfit on him, make a cake and take pictures. One of my friend actually said that it is too much to think about and arrange for. But for us it’s something we enjoy and cherish every month.
It’s hard to believe that our little fella will soon be 1 and before we even realize he’ll be off to college. I hope time takes a little break and he doesn’t have to grow up that fast.
For this month’s birthday, I made these Chimp cakes. I adapted the recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine. This is a vegan recipe, but I made it non-vegan. Here’s my non-vegan version of the recipe.
Recipe Adapted from here.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Whisk the two flours, sugars and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, oil and vanilla essence.
- Fold applesauce mixture into the flour mixture with a spatula or wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
- Fill prepared muffin tins 2/3 full with the batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until the cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes, then unmold onto wire rack to cool.
This is my entry to