Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache & an Upcoming Product Review
CSN stores have contacted me to do a product review and since they have over 200 online stores where you can find everything from dinnerware to dog beds to sofas and suitcases, I eagerly agreed to do another review. Stay tuned for the review.
I made this cake for my husband on Father’s Day (yup.. that’s right, this post has been on the drafts for way too long). He is a chocoholic and always asks to make a decadent chocolate cake and I think this cake fits the bill – very chocolatey and moist, it is the best chocolate cake I’ve made so far.
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
For the Cake:
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9”x13” baking pan or two 9” round pans or three 8” round pans. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl making sure that there are no lumps.
- Add the softened butter and using a hand mixer (or stand mixer) blend on low speed for one minute. With the mixer running, add oil and continue mixing until the mixture looks like sand.
- Combine vanilla with the milk or water and add to the dry ingredients all at once. Mix for 1 minute and scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Next add eggs one at a time and beating well between additions. This is a thin batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans and bake for 34 mins for 9”x13” pan: 28 to 30 mins for 9” layers; 24 to 26 mins for 8” layers. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on rack before frosting.
Make the Cake:
Make Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat the cream and corn syrup till they begin to steam. Pour over the chopped chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes, add vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled cake while the ganache is still slightly warm. Cool completely before serving.