These Pretzel Bites rolled in Cinnamon Sugar are highly addictive and perfect after-school snack for the kids.
We are baking ‘Pretzels’ for the first Bread Baker’s challenge of the year. Our lovely host Stacy (Food Lust People Love) wanted us to bake some pretzels – either traditional or get creative with them. So I made these cinnamon sugar covered pretzel bites. These little snacks are highly addictive, so make sure to make the whole batch.My daughter loves pretzels especially the samples given out before the pretzels stalls in the mall. Couple of years ago, she used to keep asking if I was going to Walmart all the time. I didn’t know what a 3 year old had to get from Walmart. It wasn’t until I got there that I realized that they were giving out pretzel bites at the door from Aunt Annie’s that opened in the store.I have a couple of pretzel recipes on the blog already (Vyborg & Sourdough). But I have always wanted to bake these mini ones at home and finally got a chance. Recipe is from the King Arthur flour site. This recipe takes less than 1½ hours from start to finish. The only change I made to the recipe is to add some wholewheat flour to make them a little less guilty to eat.These pretzel bites are soft, sweet and absolutely delicious. I made them for my kids as their after-school snack and they couldn’t be happier. My daughter said she can eat these ‘aall day’ and I take that as a complement 🙂
Don’t forget to check out the Pretzels that my fellow Bread Bakers have baked for this month’s event:
- Authentic German Pretzels from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Ballpark Pretzels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Beer Pretzels from Passion Kneaded
- Buttery Pretzels from Ambrosia
- Cheddar Garlic Soft Pretzels from Palatable Pastime
- Cheese Jalapeño Stuffed Pretzel Rolls from Herbivore Cucina
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites from Cook’s Hideout
- Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzels from Hostess At Heart
- Double Soda Pretzels from Food Lust People Love
- German Pretzel Rolls from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Honey Mustard Snack Pretzels from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pretzel Dogs from Sneha’s Recipe
- Pretzel Sticks from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Saffron Pretzel Rolls from The Schizo Chef
- Soft Whole Wheat Pretzels from What Smells So Good?
- Sourdough Soft Pretzels from Baking Sense
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites from I camp in my kitchen
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].