- In a heavy bottom pan, take coconut, milk and jaggery (sugar) and keep it on medium-low heat.
- Jaggery will slowly start melting making the coconut sticky.
- Keep stirring constantly. Bottom can get easily burnt at this stage.
- After about 25-30 minutes of stirring, the mixture will come together and slides easily from the pan.
- Before removing from the pan, add cardomom powder and ghee to the coconut mixture.
- Remove the cooked coconut onto a greased plate.
- Score the coconut into squares (or diamonds or any shape you want) when it is still a little warm.
- You can store the separated squares for upto a week in a airtight container.