Egg Fried Rice
I am excited to be one of 25 bloggers joining Srivalli @ Spicing your Life for a 7 Day Blogging Marathon. I'm probably the last one posting on the First day. It has been a busy day and we got back home later than usual and when I sat down to download the pictures from the camera, there seems to be some technical problem. Well anyway I didn't want to miss out on the marathon and I'm trying to catch my fellow marathoners. May be by the weekend I'll be on track.
So for the event, Valli asked us to choose from several themes and my theme for the next week would be "Kid-Friendly" recipes. I'll try to make the recipes interesting for adults too, so you will come back to visit again tomorrow. :-)
To kick off, I made this quick and easy egg fried rice using a combination of brown and white rice. My son is in a stage where his dislikes are growing exponentially. One day he doesn't like any green stuff like cilantro, broccoli, spinach etc and another day he doesn't like any red stuff carrots, red peppers etc. So it is a constant challenge to come up with something that he would eat willingly and without complaint. He loves eggs and would eat egg rice or omelet without much fuss. So I try to add some veggies, rather inconspicuously, so he sees the fried egg more than the veggies. I pack it up for his lunch and I'm told he eats the whole box without a problem. Having cold cooked rice on hand makes cooking this dish a breeze.
Egg Fried Rice
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan; add onions and green chili. Sauté till the onions turn translucent, add carrots and other veggies.
- Cover and cook until the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add eggs and cook until they are set or done to your liking. If using cold rice, microwave for just a minute to heat it up.
- Finally add rice to the egg mixture, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Azeema, Bhagi,Champa,Sowmya, Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar,Harini, Jay,Minu, Meena,Padma, PJ,Priya Mahadevan,PriyaSuresh,PriyaVaasu,Rujuta,Saraswathi, Santosh, Savitha,Shanavi,Smitha,Srivalli , Suma,Usha,Veena.