Eggless Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Bake-a-thon 2015: Day 7
Bake of the Day: Eggless Strawberry Creamcheese Cupcakes
Strawberry Cream cheese Cupcakes
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk soy milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- Beat together the soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until no big lumps remain.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔rds of the way full. Before baking, stir the strawberry jam in small bowl until smooth.
- Place 1 piece of cream cheese on top of each cupcake, press into the batter lightly. Spoon 1/4tsp strawberry jam on top of the cream cheese in each cupcake. Bake 20~22 minutes. Remove from the oven, after 5 minutes transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and 1tsp milk in a large bowl using a hand mixer or in a stand mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat 1cup powdered sugar at a time.
- Gradually beat in just enough milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk. If the frosting is too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes. Just before serving garnish each cupcake with strawberry slices.