Flax Oat Wheat Dinner Rolls for #BreadBakers
Flax Oat Wheat Dinner Rolls
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all the ingredients. Mix until cohesive -- cover and set aside for 20 minutes, this will give the whole grains a chance to absorb some of the liquid. Then knead to make a smooth, soft, elastic dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and let rise for 1~1½ hours or until the dough is noticeably risen, it will not double in volume.
- Gently deflate the dough and divide into 12 equal size pieces. Shape each piece in to a round ball; using your fingers to pull and flatten each ball into a circle about 3" across.
- Place the buns on a parchment lined (or lightly greased) baking sheet, cover and let rise for about 90 minutes, until noticeably puffy. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the rolls with soy or almond milk (or the egg white) and sprinkle with oats.
- Bake the buns for 21~25 minutes or until they're golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
- Once completely cooled, wrap the buns tightly and store at room temperature for several days or freeze for longer storage.
- Anadama Rolls from Passion Kneaded
- Bulochki (Russian Sweet Yeast Rolls) from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Cinnamon Rolls from Bakingyummies
- Crescent Rolls from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Feta Olive Knots from Food Lust People Love
- Flax Oat Wheat Dinner Rolls from Cook's Hideout
- Einkorn Parmesan and Garlic Rolls from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls from A Baker's House
- Hokkaido Milk Rolls from Baking in Pyjamas
- Kahvalti – Turkish-style Breakfast Buns from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Masala Bread Rolls from Sneha's Recipes
- Mini Cheddar Bialys from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Oatmeal Dinner Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pesto Rolls from Veg Nation
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls from Kylee Cooks
- Savory Cheddar Rolls from Magnolia Days
- Stuffed Vegatable Masala Buns from Spill the Spices
- Twisted Knotted Mint Garlic Rolls from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Wholewheat Low Fat Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls from Sizzling Tastebuds
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.