BM# 75: A-Z Bake Around the World: Day 9
Bake of the Day: I for Italian Stuffed Pane Bianco
Today we are baking with the letter I and coincidentally our theme for Bread bakers this month is Italian Bread. Our host for the month, lovely Anshie (who blogs at Spiceroots) wanted us to bake an Italian bread from any region in Italy. So I thought of tackling both the challenges with this Italian stuffed Pane Bianco. Pane Bianco literally means white bread in Italian. But here the basic white bread is filled/ stuffed with some sundried tomatoes, garlic, pesto and grated cheese. This recipe was King Arthur flour’s very first bake-a-long challenge. I have been meaning to make this for the past 6 months. The made some changes to the original recipe. I added 50% wholewheat flour to add some fiber and nutrition. For the filling, I didn’t have any fresh basil on hand, so I used some store bought pesto. Also I used grated cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella or Italian blend.Even with the addition of wholewheat flour, this bread turned out soft and fluffy. The tangy, cheesy filling makes it very delicious. My son absolutely LOVED it. He wanted me to pack it in for his school too 🙂
Don’t forget to checkout what the other Italian Breads baked this month.
- Casatiello by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Ciabatta Sandwich Rolls by Herbivore Cucina
- Classic Italian Bread by Hostess At Heart
- Cornetti by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Einkorn Parmesan Piadina by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Fingermillet and Rosemary Focaccia by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Focaccia Caprese by Sneha’s Recipe
- Grissini by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Gubana – An Italian Sweet Bread by The Schizo Chef
- Il Pane di Matera by Food Lust People Love
- Italian BLT Focaccia by A Salad For All Seasons
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Cheese Bread by A Baker’s House
- Italian Herb and Garlic Focaccia by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Stuffed Pane Bianco by Cook’s Hideout
- Mini Panettone by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Pane Bianco by Veenas Vegnation
- Pane di Genzano by Spiceroots
- Piadina by Passion Kneaded
- Pizza alla Siciliana by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Cabernet Salt Focaccia by What Smells So Good?
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A day in the Life on the Farm
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelo[email protected]Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 75.