Jalapeño Bread for #BreadBakers
For Tangzhong Starter:
For the Bread:
- In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients for Tangzhong starter. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Place the pan over low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until thick and the whisk starts to leave lines on the bottom of the pan, about 3~5 minutes.
- Transfer the starter to a small bowl and let cool to room temperature.
Make the Starter:
- Melt 2tbsp butter in a saute pan, add the chopped jalapenos and pinch of salt; cook till slightly tender, about 3~4 minutes. Take off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
Make the Dough:
- Combine flour(s), sugar, salt, yeast, dry milk, melted 4tbsp butter, milk, egg replacer mixture, cooled jalapenos and the tangzhong starter in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of the stand mixer.
- Mix and knead till a smooth, elastic dough forms. Shape the dough into a ball and place it in a lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside for 60~90 minutes, until puffy but not necessarily doubled in bulk.
- Gently deflate the dough and form into a loaf. Place it in a lightly greased 8.5"x4.5" loaf pan. Cover with a greased plastic wrap and set aside for 40~50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Brush the loaf with milk (or egg wash) and bake for 28~32 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the digital thermometer inserted into the center reads 190F.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Bellpeppers and Cheese Scones by Basic N Delicious
- Bellpepper and Paneer Stuffed Lattice Bread by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Bell Pepper Stuffed Whole Wheat Buns by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Capsicum Onion Pizza with Wholegrain Base by Ambrosia
- Cheddar and Jalapeño Scones by Herbivore Cucina
- Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Stuffed Buns by Food Lust People Love
- Crushed Red Pepper Grissini by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Fatayer Jebneh by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Green Chile and Cheddar Biscuits by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chile Zucchini Bread by Magnolia Days
- Jalapeño Bread by Cook's Hideout
- Jalapeño Flour Tortillas by Hostess At Heart
- Jalapeño Sourdough Corn Bread by Baking Sense
- Msemen Maamer - Moroccan Flatbread Stuffed with Peppers by The Bread She Bakes
- Parmesan Cracked Pepper Beer Bread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pepper Pav Buns by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Roasted Red Pepper Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Roasted Red Pepper Fougasse by Spiceroots
- Spicy Herb Monkey Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Spicy Rolls by Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Vegetable Stuffed Braided Bread by My Cooking Journey
- Zucchini and Pepper Cornbread by Palatable Pastime
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].