I missed quite a bit of veganmofoing this time around. It feels like I cannot catch up with all the things that are going on, so blogging took a back step, I hope to post everyday for the next 10days.
Hope all of you had a good Diwali celebrations. We didn’t do much on that day, the weather was awful with rain the whole day. I made some dalia murukkus for diwali, I will post the recipe soon.
For today I have this creamy kaddu chole recipe that goes well with both rice & roti. I'm so impressed with my green chole with coconut milk that I can't have chole without coconut milk, so this one also has it and tastes awesome.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a large sauté pan; add cumin seeds and once they start to splutter add the onions and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add g+g paste & ¼ tsp turmeric, cook for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped kaddu and 1tsp salt. Cover and cook till the veggie is half cooked.
- Add the chick peas, cover and cook till bottle gourd is completely tender.
- Add tomato puree & coconut milk along with the masala powders; simmer on low for another 10 minutes. Serve with rice or roti.