Kadhi Pakoda for ICC-September
Time seems to fly extremely fast these days, I find myself always trying to catch up with all the different projects that I’m working on, but never really able to get them under control. I wish I could just slow down, take a deep breath and start afresh, but that’s not going to happen since everyone wants their stuff done first. Well on a lighter note, I managed to find time to participate in this month’s ICC after 3 months break.
I followed the recipe for pakodas to the T, but reduced the quantity of ingredients for the Kadhi since I was making it just for myself.
Recipe courtesy Simran @ Foodzone.
- First make the pakodas: Mix besan, salt, red chili powder and add water to make semi-thick batter. Dip onions in this batter and deep fry the pakodas. Keep aside.
- Next make the kadhi: Mix yogurt and besan and make a thick paste with no lumps. Add 1-2 cups of water to make a thin paste.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a saucepan, add the seeds and once they start sputtering, add the onions and saute till lightly browned.
- Pour in the yogurt-besan mixture, along with turmeric, red chili powder and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till the mixture gets thick, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add the pakodas just before taking the kadhi off the heat and bring the mixture to a boil one more time. Add the garam masala and amchoor (if using); mix well and enjoy with steamed rice.