- To make the koftas, mash all the ingredients together and make small uniform balls. You can either deep fry them or bake them in a 400ºF oven for 30 minutes. If they don’t turn as golden as you like, sauté them in 2 tbsp of oil and drain them on a paper towel.
- Grind half of the chopped onion, garlic and ginger into a paste.
- Saute the other half of the chopped onion in the oil, after they turn transparent, add the onion paste, turmeric and 1/2 cup water. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cumin and coriander powder, red chili powder and cook for another 10 minutes. Add water if the gravy looks too dry.
- Add the cream, salt and koftas and simmer for a little while till the koftas are warmed through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with plain or jeera rice or chapathis.