Lime Cookies (Eggless)
Finally after 18 days of waiting we have our kitchen counter and sink fixed. Yay!!! It almost felt like the ordeal was never going to end, but thankfully the Granite guys were really professional and they scheduled the installation as soon as they were fully functional. It feels great to be in my (almost) new kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, powdered sugar, melted ghee/ butter and 1tsp lime zest in a small bowl. After mixing mixture should come together. If it looks too crumbly, add 1-2tsp of milk to get it together.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal portions (I got 8 cookies) and roll them into smooth balls. Then flatten them with the palm, place on a baking sheet (if you like crispier cookies, flatten the cookies more).
- Pound the remaining 1tsp lime zest with the sugar and sprinkle this evenly over the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Alternately to cook on stove top, place 4 of the flattened cookies in a cold nonstick saute pan and cook them over low heat for 7-8 minutes. Once the base is golden, carefully flip the cookie with a spatula and cook the other side on very low heat until cooked but does not change color, around 4 minutes. Remove onto a plate and repeat with the rest of the cookies.