Mango-Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake for Home Bakers Challenge
For this month's Home Baker's Challenge, Sangeetha @ Spicy Treats picked an interesting cake combination with mango and chocolate. I was skeptical on how this combo would turn out, but the end result was moist and delicious cake that the whole family loved.
Mango-Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake
For the Marble Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the baking pan well and set aside.
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine cocoa powder with 3tbsp warm water to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil and sugar. Mix well until sugar dissolves. Then add mango pulp, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and gently mix until well combined.
- Add 1/3 of the cake batter to the cocoa mixture and mix well.
- So that this point, you have mango batter and chocolate batter.
- In the prepared pan, add half of the mango batter. Then dollop the chocolate batter on top of it. Using a bamboo skewer or a sharp knife, make swirls so that both the batters combine to get the marble effect. Top this with the remaining mango batter and then swirl again. Gently tap the cake pan on the counter so that the batter settles into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes (if using a bundt pan) or more if using other pans.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting it over onto the wire rack. Cool completely before slicing or frosting.
- For the Chocolate Ganache: Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir in the corn syrup and vanilla extract. If the ganaches seems to too thick, then add milk to loosen it a bit. Pour over the cake and let it harden. Enjoy!!