For the stuffing:
For the roti:
- Mix a pinch of salt to grated mooli and set aside for 15 minutes, this will draw water out of the radish.
- In the meantime, make dough for roti – add salt & ghee/ oil to atta, make a well in the middle and add warm water. Knead the dough adding more water until it is soft and pliable. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat 1tsp oil in a sauté pan, add the green chilies and ginger. Sauté for 30 seconds. Squeeze the water out of mooli and add to the pan along with turmeric, coriander powder, chili powder and salt. Cook on medium heat until the mixture is almost dry, about 3-5 minutes.
- When the mooli mixture is cool enough to handle, make small lemon size balls and set aside.
- Make the parathas: Knead the dough for a minute or two and divide into small golf ball size balls. Roll out the dough into 3-4” circle, place the mooli mixture right in the center and fold & cover with the dough. Press lightly and gently roll the roti into desired size. Use dry flour to help in rolling the rotis without sticking.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat and cook the rotis on both sides until brown spots form and dough is cooked. Smear some ghee or oil if desired.
Serve with some achaar/ pickle or some hearty rajma (red kidney bean) curry.
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up for Day 2 of BM#10.