Oats Bread with Maple and Walnuts for #BreadBakers
Oats Bread with Maple and Walnuts
For the dough
For the glaze:
- Grind the oats in a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Combine oats with rest of the ingredients for the dough in the bowl of the stand mixer or a large mixing bowl. Mix and knead until a smooth, soft dough is formed.
- Transfer to a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1~2 hours or until doubled in volume.
- Gently deflate the dough and roll it into a 9" log. Place it into a lightly greased 9"x5" loaf pan and press gently to fill the pan. Cover lightly and let rise for 1½~2½ hours.
- Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bread for 40~45 minutes. Tent the bread loosely with foil after 15~20 minutes. Once done, bread should be golden brown and register 190°F internal temperature.
- In the meantime, combine the melted butter and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Remove bread from the oven and let cool for 1~2minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and brush with the glaze.
- Cool completely before slicing.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected]
Oatmeal Bread themed #BreadBakers:
- Agave Oatmeal Sour Dough Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Applesauce Oatmeal Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Banana Oatmeal Loaf from Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry Currant Oatmeal Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Honey-Oatmeal Muffins from A Baker's House
- Honey Oats Bread Loaf from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Honey Nut Oatmeal Waffles from Magnolia Days
- Honey Wheat Oat Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Irish Oat and Whole Wheat Bread from Cali's Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Oat Bread from Kids & Chic
- Multigrain Twist Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Oat Breadsticks from Passion Kneaded
- Oatmeal and Whole Wheat Rolls from Sneha's Recipe
- Oatmeal Buttermilk Bread from Ruchik Randhap
- Oatmeal Porridge Sandwich Loaf from Bakers and Best
- Oatmeal Stout Loaf from Food Lust People Love
- Oat & Honey Bread from La Cocina de Aisha
- Oats and Millet Idli from Spice Roots
- Oats Bread with Maple and Walnut by Cook's Hideout
- Oats Garlic Kulcha from SimplyVeggies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Scones from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Rolled Oat Sourdough Boule from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Savory Oats Scones from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Triple Seeded Oat Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Whole Wheat Honey Oatmeal Bread from Spill the Spices