Overnight Pecan Sticky Bread for #BreadBakers
Overnight Pecan Sticky Bread
- Combine yeast, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until well combined.
- Add the 2½cups of flour(s) and beat for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Add 4tbsp butter, 1tbsp at a time, beating at low speed until combined after each addition and scraping sides, if necessary. Add the remaining ¼cup of flour to form a nice smooth dough. Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover and set aside to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Combine 3tbsp butter, 2/3 cup brown sugar, corn syrup and honey in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring just until the butter melts. Boil 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Pour the syrup into 12cup bundt pan coasted with cooking spray. Sprinkle nuts evenly over syrup. Cool completely.
- Whisk remaining 1/3cup of brown sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Gently press it into 16"x12" rectangle.
- Melt 1tbsp butter and brush the surface of the dough with it. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the dough.
- Beginning at the short side, roll up the dough, jelly roll fashion, pinch the seam to seal. Carefully lift the roll and fit into prepared pan. Pinch sends together. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the pan from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake for 28~30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean and dry.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Place a plate upside down on top of pan; invert onto plate. Let cool slightly before cutting.
Here is what the group is sharing today, enjoy!
- Braided Holiday Stollen from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bran Muffins from Cali's Cuisine
- Christmas Morning Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Christmas Morning Sticky Buns from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- English Muffins from Ruchik Ranhap
- Fruity Butter Bread from Magnolia Days
- Gingerbread Breakfast Loaf from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Herbert’s Traditional Overnight Bread Loaf from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Old Fashioned Doughnuts from Cooking Club
- Onion Bagels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Overnight Apple Fritters Monkey Bread from I Camp in My Kitchen
- Overnight Belgian-Style Yeast Waffles from A Baker’s House
- Overnight Brioche Cinnamon Rolls from Hostess at Heart
- Overnight Pecan Sticky Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Stollen Muffins from Baking in Pyjamas
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.