Being south Indians, we had rice for all our three meals. Having chapathis or parathas was only on occasion, may be twice a week. If you have a pressure cooker or electric cooker, making rice is a jiffy. So here one of my jazzy Palak rice, that's great to make for a week day dinner.
- Add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves to rice while cooking.
- Saute spinach in 1tsp oil and grind into a smooth paste with green chilies and garlic. Keep aside.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan, add onions and saute till they turn light brown. Add turmeric, tomato puree and corn. Cover and cook till tomatoes are done.
- Add spinach paste, chili powder, garam masala & salt and saute for about 15minutes. Add water, if the mixture looks too dry.
- Add the spinach mixture to rice, mix well. Serve hot with onion raita.
This is my entry for Anthony's Curry Mela.