To make masala:
- To make the paste: Heat about 2tsp of oil in a pan, fry all the ingredients till lightly browned. Allow to cool and grind into a smooth paste adding little water.
- Fry paneer cubes in 1tbsp of oil or ghee till golden brown on all sides. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan, fry onions till lightly browned. Add potatoes and carrots, cover and cook till the veggies are tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook covered for 5 minutes. Now add the paste, fried paneer and ½ cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add kasoori methi and salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with fried rice or chapathi.