Blogging Marathon# 37: Week 4/ Day 3
Theme: Member's Choice
Dish: Paneer Lababdar
For the final day of this month's blogging marathon, I decided to try 'Paneer Lababdar' - a dish suggested by one of the BM members. This is the first time I heard about this paneer curry and the name itself sounded very interesting that I had to try this dish.
Our BM members came up with an awesome list of dishes to choose from,some of them were actually on my to-make list too. But I wanted to keep this week simple because I got busy prepping for the upcoming mega month long marathon. Also a new paneer recipe is always welcome in my kitchen.
This curry is creamy, slightly spicy and perfect side dish for rice or rotis. Addition of corn starch and milk makes the gravy thick and creamy.
Recipe from Tarla Dalal's site:
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a saute pan; add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, kasoori methi, onions, ginger-garlic paste and cook until onions are translucent and lightly browned around the edges.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy. Cool the mixture and grind to a smooth paste.
- In a small bowl, whisk corn starch in milk.
- Return the mixture to the panand stir in the corn starch mixture; simmer for 3~4 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add garam masala, salt and the paneer, mix well and cook until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
I served the curry with kulchas and rice for a filling and delicious meal.