This is the first time I’m taking part in Taste and Create event, started by Nicole @ for the love of food.I was paired with Iron Stef @ Chairman Chef. I decided to make her Ellie Krieger’s Penne with roasted tomatoes, garlic and white beans. I did not have any white beans, so subbed them with garbanzo beans.
This is a super easy summer dish that can be whipped up in no time (tomatoes need time to roast, but the actual cooking time is very minimum). Loved the roasted tomatoes with garlic and lemon. Will be making this again. This is how I made it. Original recipe from Iron Stef is here.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Slice each tomato into 8 wedges. Put the tomato wedges and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the beans; add them to the pasta and return drained pasta and beans to the pasta pot.
- When the tomatoes are done, pick out the garlic cloves, squeeze the garlic out of the skin into a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add lemon juice, the remaining oil and salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Pour the roasted tomatoes into the pasta pot, add the garlic mixture, the basil. Toss to combine.