Wish you all a Very Happy & Prosperous New Year. I know we are in the middle of January, but since this is my first post for this year, please accept by belated wishes. I wanted to kick start the new year with something sweet and so I made this pistachio cake. One of my co-workers brought this for a potluck and I really liked it a lot. I took the recipe from her, but haven’t had a chance to make it. So I thought I’ll give it a try and make it our New Year celebration cake.
This is a very easy cake to bake, the recipe calls for store-bought yellow cake mix, a box of instant pistachio pudding, club soda and a few other standard cake ingredients. The resultant cake is fluffy, moist and delicious.
For the frosting:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter & flour a 9”x13” baking pan or a 10” bundt cake pan. Since I halved the recipe, I used a medium size heart shape baking pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cake in a mixing bowl and mix for 4-5 minutes until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I would probably start checking at the 45minute mark. I had to bake mine for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Beat cream along with pudding mix and sugar (if using) until soft peaks form. Frost the cooled cake generously and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios. Serve chilled.