It’s time for this month’s Bread Bakers and our theme for this month is ‘Root Vegetables‘. Our host Karen @ Karen’s Kitchen Stories wanted us to bake with fall vegetables like onion, shallot, carrot, potato, radish etc. I made these Potato Dinner Rolls from King Arthur Flour site.I have been planning to make potato bread for quite some time now. I have a few recipes bookmarked too, but never got around to make them. So when the theme was announced for this month’s Bread Bakers, I knew right away that I had to make a potato bread.
Since we are just a few weeks away from Thanksgiving, I thought why not make potato dinner rolls instead of potato bread. Found this recipe for Amish dinner rolls on King Arthur flour website and loved how perfectly soft and fluffy they looked. These dinner rolls have mashed potato mixed right into the dough which gives the rolls a soft texture and they remain soft and fresh tasting at room temperature a few days. So they are great to make ahead for a dinner party. These Potato dinner rolls are dense yet still tender, moist and fluffy. My 4 year old ate a couple back to back and I couldn’t stop myself from ‘tasting’ a few myself. I halved the original recipe to make 8 dinner rolls in a 8″ round pan, but you can double the recipe for a party and make 16 rolls in a 9″x13″ baking pan.Check out what my fellow Bread Bakers have baked for ‘Root Vegetable Breads’ theme:
- Beetroot Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Caramelized Onion Cheddar Bread from Hezzi-D’s Cooks and Books
- Caramelized Onion Gouda Casatiello from Hostess at Heart
- Carrot Spiced and Teff Bread from kidsandchic
- Colocasia Root (Taro Root) Flatbread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Garlic and Herb Wreath Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Garlic Cheese Bombs from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Ginger Sweet Rolls from Passion Kneaded
- Korean Onion Bread from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Potato Dinner Rolls from Cook’s Hideout
- Pull Apart Onion Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Rustic Parsnip Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Sourdough Onion Pockets from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Stuffed Aloo Parathas from Sneha’s Recipes
- Sweet Potato Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected]