Pumpkin Raisin Bagels for #BreadBakers
Pumpkin Raisin Bagels
- Soak raisins in water and set aside to plump for 10~15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of the stand mixer, combine the flours, yeast, brown sugar, molasses, pumpkin puree, salt, spices and drained raisins. Mix and knead until the dough is relatively firm, not too sticky and formed into a nice ball, about 7~8 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise until the dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 6 even pieces. Roll each piece into a ball; flour your thumbs and poke though the center of the ball with the thumbs. Work the dough around your thumbs until the center hole is about 1½~2" wide.
- Place the bagels on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise for another 20~30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Add baking soda to the water. Carefully slide in 2 bagels at a time into the water and boil for about 30 seconds per side. Remove them with a slotted spoon onto another baking sheet that has been greased and dusted with cornmeal. Repeat with the remaining bagels.
- Brush the bagels with egg or butter for a more 'glossy' look, if desired. Bake them for 10~12 minutes until they start to turn golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected]
Let's take a look at the other Fall Flavors being shared today
- Apple Crumb Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Raisin Bread from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Browned Butter Semolina Pumpkin Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Buttermilk Wheat Bread from Magnolia Days
- Eggless Apple Sage Cheddar Scones from Spill the Spices
- Fall Harvest Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Fig Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Harvest Grains Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Mr. Potato Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Multigrain Bread With Seeds from Sneha's Recipe
- Pumpkin and Apple Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Pumpkin Bread from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls from Spiceroots
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls with Cinnamon Butter from Bread Therapy
- Pumpkin, Poppy & Papaya Seeded Breadsticks from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Pumpkin Raisin Bagels from Cook's Hideout
- Pumpkin Saffron Yeast Biscuits from The Schizo Chef
- Pumpkin Scones from A Baker's House
- Pumpkin Sourdough Bread from Passion Needed
- Schiacciata Con L'uva (Tuscan Style Grape, Olive and Goat Cheese Focaccia) from Ruchik Randhap
- Sesame Seeded Semolina Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni