Quick Paneer Pulao (Pressure Cooker Method)
We are celebrating Sapana's Virtual Baby Shower' today. Welcoming a new bundle of joy into the family is a very exciting time for the whole family and especially to the mom. So Sapana, here's wishing you 'All the very best for the new arrival'.
So our BM group decided to cook from Sapana to celebrate her Virtual Baby Shower. I picked a simple one-pot dish, Paneer Pulao from Sapana's blog. This dish was a hit with my family. I made minor changes to the original recipe to suit for taste preference.
Recipe adapted from Sapana's blog here:
Quick Paneer Pulao
For Marinating Paneer:
- Marinate the Paneer: Combine all the ingredients for marinating paneer in a mixing bowl. Set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour. The longer paneer sits in the marinade, the better it absorbs the flavors.
- Wash and soak the rice for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 2tbsp oil + 1tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker. Add the whole garam masala and bay leaf; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Next add the sliced onions and ginger+garlic paste. Mix well and saute till the onions are golden brown and caramelized, about 10~12 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and chopped tomatoes, cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the red chili powder, ground coriander, garam masala and salt. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Next add the paneer with all the marinade and the chopped herbs. Mix well and add the rice along with 3~3½cups of water. Cover with the lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve warm with raita and potato chips.