Ragi Adai (Finger Millet & Lentil Dosa)
Blogging Marathon# 50: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Bookmarked Recipes
Dish: Ragi Adai from Valli's recipe here
We are starting the final week of this month's Blogging marathon. Next month is going to be a month long mega marathon with 'Baking' as the theme, so the marathon group is currently busy firing up the ovens and making tons of baked goodies.
It is a great way to incorporate ragi flour into the diet because the taste of ragi is subtle and even kids would love these dosas. Valli's recipe had a spicy, onion & green chili topping, but I skipped it and made mine without. We still loved these adai with some chutney, they are very filling and delicious.
- Wash and soak lentils for at least 30 minutes. Drain the water and grind to a smooth paste along with red chilies and cumin seeds.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the ragi flour, rice flour, salt and enough water to make a smooth lump-free batter. Consistency should be similar to dosa batter.
- Let it sit for 10~15 minutes.
- Heat a tawa, pour 1~2 ladle-full batter and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle the toppings evenly on the top, if using and press lightly. Drizzle some oil around and cook covered for 2~3 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for another 1~2 minutes.
- Serve hot with any chutney.