Blogging Marathon# 55: Week 1/ Day 1
Theme: Healthy Family Dinners
Dish: Roasted Cauliflower with Ras el Hanout & Rice Bowl
My theme for he first week of this month’s blogging marathon is ‘Healthy Family Dinners‘. Ever since I signed up for this theme, I have been thinking what ‘healthy‘ actually means. It has become such a subjective matter. what I think as healthy may not be really that healthy.
So for the next 3 days, I’m going to post ‘healthy’ dinners that taste good and are enjoyed by the whole family. Roasted cauliflower is my newest favorite and with all the amazing health benefits it has, cauliflower is sure a superfood. Roasting makes it so much more delicious and in this recipe, cauliflower is roasted with tahini and a Moroccan spice powder called Ras el Hanout. It is a very flavorful dish and I served it with some brown rice and veggies.
Recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine:
[recipe title=”Roasted Cauliflower & Rice Bowl” description=”Cauliflower roasted with tahini moroccan spice blend, Ras-el-Hanout. It is a very flavorful dish and I served it with some brown rice and veggies.” servings=”4-serving” difficulty=”easy” time=”50 mins” print=true ]
For Roasted Cauliflower:
For the Tahini Sauce:
Other ingredients for Rice Bowl:
- To make Roasted Cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together oil, tahini, ras el hanout, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and toss to coat cauliflower with sauce.
- Spread cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and roast 20~25 minutes or until browned and dry, stirring once or twice.
- To make Tahini Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients with ¼cup of water in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the Rice bowl: Divide the rice among 4 serving bowls, top each bowl with roasted cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, baked tofu and drizzle with the tahini sauce. Serve immediately.
[recipe title=”Ras El Hanout” description=”Cauliflower roasted with tahini moroccan spice blend, Ras-el-Hanout. It is a very flavorful dish and I served it with some brown rice and veggies.” servings=”12-cup” difficulty=”easy” time=”10 mins” print=true ]
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- Strawberry Jam (using Pectin)
- Cherry Tomato Kurma