Roasted vegetable and Black bean BARE Burrito..
One thing I couldn’t figure out in the last 5 years is how to eat overstuffed sandwiches or wraps. I become very clumsy and self conscious when eating these big size sandwiches. I see myself constantly looking around to find any occasional giggles or stares. I figured the best thing to do is stay away from them in public places (make them to-go and eat at home or desk).
So you can imagine my ecstasy when I found this bare-burrito on Baja Fresh menu. All the ingredients in a burrito layered in a bowl instead of wrapping in a tortilla. This is my entry to Sweet nicks ARF/ 5-a-day Tuesday event. My first ever entry into any food blog event. :-)
Roasted vegetable and Black bean BARE Burrito
For Black bean Sauce:
For Guacamole Salsa:
- Pre heat oven to 400˚F.
- Cut the vegetables into big chunks and coat them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast them in the oven for 20-25minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
Black Bean Sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, when warm add garlic and sauté.
- Add chopped onions, jalapeno and sauté till onions turn transparent.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well. You can add water if the mixture is too thick.
- Let it simmer for about 10minutes. Keep aside.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse them couple of times. I like it smooth, but you can make it chunky too.
Putting them all together:
- Take a bowl, add a layer of rice then add the black bean sauce, roasted vegetables, guacamole and cheese. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve.
· Store bought guacamole and salsa will reduce the prepping time.
· Vegetables can be either grilled or sautéed instead of roasting.