Soy Bean Dosa
For Day 3 of "Cooking from BM Blogs -- Valli's Spicing your Life", I chose this protein rich, healthy breakfast dish: Soy Bean Dosas. Once the dosa batter is fermented overnight, it is ready to be used and including the chutney making time, this whole breakfast can be completed in less than 30minutes.
Soy Bean Dosa
- Soak rice and fenugreek seeds in plenty of water; Soak soybeans and urad dal in a separate bowl for 6-8 hours. Grind to a smooth batter adding little water and salt. Let the batter ferment for at least 8hours or overnight until bubbly.
- When ready, heat a tawa on medium high heat. Pour about ½cup of batter and spread it around using the back of a ladle. Add few drops of oil on the batter and let cook until lightly brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes. Carefully flip and cook on the other side for 30 seconds. Remove and serve hot with your favorite chutney.
For Red Bell Pepper & Tomato Chutney:
- Heat 2tsp oil in a saute pan; add the bell pepper and cook on medium flame until slightly charred around the edges and tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic cloves and cook for another minute. Remove into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In the same pan, add green chilies and tomatoes; cover and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped cilantro and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Grind the bell peppers and tomatoes along with tamarind pulp, salt and red chili powder into a smooth paste.
- Enjoy with dosas, idlis or rice.