One pot meals are great 30 minute meal options, especially pulaos or pilafs cooked with veggies, rice and protein (lentils/ beans or paneer) are quick to cook and make a complete and nutritious meal. For the 3rd day of our 7-day blogging marathon, I made this quick one dish dinner from Sukham Ayu by Pratibha Jain & Jigyasa Giri. According to the book "Soya leads among legumes in the new world as it is rich in protein content." Cooking the rice in the pressure cooker makes it easy to make under 30 minutes. I made slight changed to the recipe to suit for taste.
Recipe adapted from Sukham Ayu.
- Wash and soak the rice and soya granules separately for 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee and add the tempering ingredients. Once they start crackling and letting out their aroma, reduce flame and add onions and sauté till lightly browned.
- Next add the soy granules and the veggies. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 2-3 minutes, add turmeric, red chili powder, lemon juice, salt, garam masala and 2 cups warm water. Pressure cook for just 1 minute.
- Allow steam to settle down completely, gently fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot with onion raita.
30 Minutes Meals:
Seven Days of Salad:
For Ongoing 7 Events:
Seven Days of Rice: