We are still living in cold and have to endure this for another day as the heating repair guys are "scheduled" to come in tomorrow. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.
Recipe adapted from Whole Grain Baking by King Arthur Flour.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a another small bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a griddle, brush lightly with oil and once the surface is hot enough, add ¼ cup full of batter onto the hot surface.
- Let the pancake cook on the first side until bubbles begin to form around the edges of the cakes, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 1 minute until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and/ or fruit of your choice.