Thai fragrant Rice and Potato Curry
Thai Fragrant rice:
For ThaiFragrant Rice:
For Thai Potato Curry:
- Rinse rice in cold water till the water runs clear. Soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan; add onions, spices, lemon grass and lime zest and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for another minute, then add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to very low and cover the pan. Cook gently for 30 minutes then check the rice. If it is still crunchy, cover the pan again and leave for a further 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork and leave for 10 minutes.
To make Thai Rice:
To make Potato Curry:
- In a wok or skillet, heat 2 tsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and stir-fry until golden, 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and toss well to coat. Stir in coconut milk and broth.
- Cover and cook on medium low flame till the potatoes are tender.
- When the potatoes are just done, add the tomatoes with juice, chili powder (if using). Mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and basil. Serve over rice.
This is my entry for this Anthony's Curry mela #30.